Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Letter 43 - "Cuan Asombroso es"

 

 


 
Hola mi querida familia! Que tal?


This week we have had so much success. I love training because it makes me work so much harder. This week I have been thinking a lot about the Savior. One of my favorite hymns in the spanish hymn book is 69. The third verse says "He is always close, He gives me his hand, in my Gethsemane He is my Savior. He knows how to give me the peace that I want so bad, with goodness and love He shows me my value."


Sometimes we feel so alone. I can especially since this in people here on my mission. I love them so much and I want them to know that they are not alone. A few weeks ago a drunk man was walking in the street. He didnt have good balance walking and his face looked so sad. Like "Im giving up! What am I doing with my life!" I felt so sorry for him and I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him that God loves Him and that Jesus Christ is pleading for Him to get back up on his feet.


In Lamentations 3:58 it says "O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life." Our Savior PLEADS for us because He REDEEMED us. He knows exactly how we are feeling. He is screaming to us "Dont give up now! You keep on going! I am here beside you!" But, sometimes we are past feeling and dont know which way we should be going.


I know He loves us. This week we were teaching a less active women. We werent prepared before hand. But, we share a thought in every house we enter. I was thinking before hand about what we could teach her.. I started off only by saying "Hermana, God loves you." She started to cry and told us that she had been praying this week to know if God loved her. It is funny how God uses other people to answer our prayers. But, I really do know that He loves us.


This week we invited Gloria, Rosa, Marylin, and Reina to be baptized and they accepted. They will be baptized the 7th of Febrero. Our only obstacle with Reina is that her husband is a witch. He heals people using satan. Reina says she doesnt want to marry him, but she is scared because her husband hits her and is drunk. I am so grateful for my trials. We will see what happens.


I love hymn number 118 in the spanish hymn book. It is "I stand all amazed" but, I like it better in spanish because it is easier to understand.
"I am amazed at the love Jesus gives me.
I am confused at His grace and His light
I tremble to know that for me He gave His life
For me! So unworthy, He shed His blood.


It is hard for me to understand why Jesus wanted to come down here
from his throne so divine to rescue MY soul
That he would forgive such a sinner
That He would redeem ME and give ME his great love


They left Him nailed to the cross
He paid to rescue me and I cant forget that
I will never stop being grateful
My life and more I have to give to Him


How amazing it is that He loved me so much to die for me
How amazing it is what He gave to me"


It really is so amazing. He loves us! He loves EACH AND EVERY one of us. What are we willing to give to Him, the perfect man, who didnt have sin, who died for our sins?


I know that Jesus Christ lives! He loves us so much! He doesnt want us to suffer. He already did that.


I know that The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored and that we have the authority to perform the ordinances of Salvation once again here on earth. I hope you guys enjoy your week. Remember in those harder times Jesus Christ wont be walking beside you, He will be carrying you.


Les Amo!
Hermana Natalie Paige Bullough










2 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment