Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Letter 32 - Barriletes!

Hola mi familia linda! Les amo mucho! Les extraño y espero que todo esta bien alla en los estados. Escuche que Obama esta haciendo cosas tan dificil. Estoy correcto? Pues, ya sabia jaja

Hoy tuvimos la oportunidad a jugar con Barriletes! Today we got to fly kites! jaja I bought a cheap one from a tienda in San Juan. My battery in my camera was dead... so I didnt get to take any pictures. It was fun! Hermana Marcheschi and I were laughing SO hard! haha I love having her here in the Zone. Today we were talking about how weird it is that in December we will be half way through our missions. Missions are SO fast! I feel like I am just getting started! We were talking and laughing about the CCM. That feels like just yesterday! Hermana Marcheschi has had 3 areas and 6 companions! Wow! I have only had 3 companions and 1 area! jaja I was a little bit surprised when I found out that I was staying in San Mateo.. but, I am so grateful for this opportunity. I love San Mateo and this week was filled with Success!


Martes we had our Reunion de Zona. It was so much fun to be with everyone! After we went to the restaurant of one of the investigators of the hermanas in Esperenza. She made us pupusas. They were SO yummy! I am going to make them for you guys when I get home! It is like a tortilla wrapped around meet and other yummy stuff! In the night we had a lesson planned with a Menos Activo family. We did this thing called Cristo la Razon. We start out with a really spiritual hymn and a prayer and then read a scripture about Jesucristo and then we have them shut their eyes and read this really spiritual thing that goes through the life of Jesus Christ. Then we tell them to imagine that they are standing in front of Jesus and He says to them everything that He did was for them. They were all WEEPING. Then I shared my experience about All State Choir and how I didnt take the time to learn the music and how this is our time to ¨learn the music¨here on the earth by going to church, reading the scriptures, and praying. They were all Crying so hard! It was really a miracle.. because the WHOLE entire family was there. It is usually so hard to encontrar all of them at once. and they came to church yesterday! I was so excited! We were in another lesson with them this week and she told us that the lesson we had with them about Christ really got them thinking about how they need to be better. That really touched my heart!

Miercoles in the morning our Zone leaders came to our house to fix our shower. We have been having FREEZING cold showers for like 3 weeks now. So, when they came we had to wait outside in the cold! But, we found out that we had been taking cold showers for nothing! I guess that when the shower gets too hot the switch for the heater automatically shuts off. So, we bought the new shower head for nothing! ah oh well! jaja We were fasting this day so that we could find new people who were ready for baptism to teach.. and when we finished our fast.. the very next door we knocked was Otelia and Odaniel. They are super positivos! The only problem is that he asked us if he needs to be married to get baptized and we explained that the family is sacred to God and that He wants the best for us and that it is necessary. But, he told us that he doesnt want to marry Otelia because she has 55 years and he only has 38 and he wants to start a familia. It was super weird. And she was totally okay with it! jaja but, we told him that he needs to pray about it. We explained that he can have kids with Otelia in the eternities if he is faithful to her and marries her. He told us that he loves her. So, we will see what happens! They came to church yesterday for the full three hours! So, that was a blessing! I think they enjoyed it too!!

Jueves we had Planamient Semenal. Sometimes it is so hard to stay concentrated during this three hour process. But, I know that we need to because the salvacion of our investigators is depending on how much we plan and how much we pray. After we had lunch with Caren. I love her so much! She said that she wrote you an email, dad. I think she did it through my facebook though.. I am not sure. I also learned this day that if I want to be a better missionary and a better person.. I need to make my prayer more meaningful. I have been really trying to work on that. I have also learned that if I want to learn and grow it is something that I need to do.. Nobody else can change me but, me! So, it is a work and process! But, I am getting there!

Viernes Bryan Escobar, Our ward mission leader went to a store in xela for me and bought UNO. jaja everyone plays uno here and I love it so much. So, I had him by it for me so that Hermana Garcia and I could play together and with investigators too! We also had lunch with Hermana Flory. I love her so much! We have lunch with her every single Friday. She is the best!

Sabado we taught a woman named Hermana Flory! She is super calidad! She knows a lot about the Bible. But, she did tell us that she isnt satisfied with the church that she is going to and that she only goes because her husband makes her go. She is super cute. She is reading in the Book of Mormon! It is a promise that if people read in the Book of Mormon everyday and pray about it.. they wont be able to help gaining a testimony of it! Then we met with Rolando at night and he said that he has been reading in the Book of Mormon and that he knows the church is true and wants to be baptized! So, we will see what happens! He isnt really sabio.. so we will see if he actually ends up getting baptized. then Maricela made us empeñadas in the night. They made me think of you dad! Yours are better.

Then Domingo we had Otelia y Odaniel in the church! It was so good! The elders brought a drunk man to church and he made me feel so uncomfortable! He told Elder Yatacko that he was in love with me... oh boy. But, I think that Otelia and Odaniel felt the spirit.. so that is good! I was sitting in church yesterday.. and realized that I can understand everything. It was the weirdest thing. I was just listening and it clicked in my mind! haha Then we went out with a girl named Kimberly Vasquez. She got back from her mission in Nicaragua one year ago. She is awesome! She told me that she wants me to come back after my mission and stay with her. That would be cool! Then we met a new investigator named Berna. She is SUPER positive. She is pretty active in her church.. but, I know that she felt the spirit! and sometimes it is better that they are active in a church because it means that they are more likely to be active in this church!

Anyway! Les amo con todo mi corazon! Gracias por sus ejemplos y por su amor! Mi testimonio esta creciendo cada dia! Se que la iglesia es verdadera y que Nuestro Padre Celestial nos ama a todos!

Se cuidan!
Con Amor,


Hermana Natalie Paige Bullough
 

No comments:

Post a Comment