Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Letter 15 - Machetes

Hola Familia!

So, the title of this email... haha Hermana Madrid and I were walking in the street around 845 and a man out of no where came RUNNING!!! He had machetes in his hands and he was yelling venganse! Venganse! haha It was really scary! We ran to a random house and waited until the man left haha But,thinking about it now is funny.

The World Cup is happening right now...and it is REALLY annoying. Karen, one of our most progressing investigators, left church early yesterday to go watch the game. And people wont let us in their houses when the game is going on. And when they do let us in and we ask them to turn off the television, they refuse.

Unfortunatley, Antoni wasnt baptized this Saturday.He said he cant be baptized because he doesnt believe that Thomas S.Monson is the Prophet today. But, we think there ismore than that, because on Sunday when we were going to get our investigators, we saw him with a group of guys. One of the other guys is our investigator Wilson. Wilson is addicted to drugs and alcohol and is in a gang. When we went to go teach Wilson in the afternoon, we couldnt because he was drunk... so we think that possibly Antoni was doing the same... It was really sad.

Yesterday in church.. I gave a talk. I found out right before Sacrament Started. I was really nervous.I gave my talk on Missionary Work. It was only about 6 minutes long. But, everyone was telling me afterwards that my spanish was perfect during the talk! So, needless to say that that made me feel great!

This week we got to go to the Temple with our Branch. We never get to do a session, but we get to take investigators and walk around with them. We brought Karen. Karen is the landlord of our house. Missionaries have been living in this house forever! Karen has been taught all of the lessons and knows a lot about the church. But, she stopped meeting with the missionaries before us. One day we were talking to her and I shared a scripture with her about Coming unto Christ and she told us that day that she knows the church is true, but she is scared. So, after that day we started working with her. She told us that she was going to go to the Temple to receive her answer about baptism. So, we showed her the Joseph Smith video in the front part of the Temple. and the next day, she knocked on our door and said she wants to be baptized the 12th of July! I am so excited!!! She is so cute!

We have another investigator, Jaquilin. She is pilas! She wants to be baptized! It is a little difficult with her, because she isnt married to her husband haha. So, we are working with her on that. But, on Sunday a scripture was read out of the Doctrine and Covenants and after church she told us she wanted that book to read too! She is preparing really hard for her baptism. She wants the Lord in her life, and she recognizes that this is the road to eternal life.

When we were in Branch counsil yesterday, we were talking about Antoni and how he is having this problem with Prophets, and our Branch President has a picture of the first presidency in his office... as they were talking, I was thinking about them.. and when I looked at the picture, the most overwhelming feeling came over me, and I know that President Monson is the Prophet on the earth today. It is cierto.

Mom! I hope you are having fun on your cruise! All of my missionary friends are super jealous!

But, family... seriously! I love you so much!!!! Thank you guys for being the best examples to me! I seriously love you all so much! Serving a mission is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I am learning and growing everyday.,..and it is the best.

I love you, but most importantly, God loves you!

Hasta otra semana!

Love,
Hermana Natalie Paige Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment