Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Letter 8 - Huesos not Juevos

Hola!!

It was so much fun to talk to you guys on Saturday! I love you guys so much!!!! Ill start off by explaining the title of this email. We were teaching lesson one to one of our investigators. I was saying Dios tiene un cuerpo de carne y juevos.... It turns out I said God has a body of flesh and eggs. haha I meant bones. which is Huesos. LOL My companion and the investigator just started laughing so hard haha It was funny! 

I am in love with Mangos. They are so delicious. 

I had a really cool experience in our lesson with Juan the other day. Juan is awesome. On my first day in the mission field, we saw him and my companion told me that Juan didnt want to meet with them anymore because my companions last companion had said something that he didnt agree with. Well, I turned to my companion that first day and said I want to teach him. So we went over to him and in my broken spanish I told him. So we taught him a few times and everything was back on track. He is really making the effort to know the church is true. I know he knows its true. Anyway, I had been studying in my personal study the nature of God and had studied a scripture about how God and Jesus Christ have bodies of flesh and bones and how the Holy Ghost does not. Anyway, in the lesson, he was saying something about the nature of God... I wasnt really sure what he was saying, but I remembered that scripture. I didnt remember where it was though and I only had my spanish scriptures. but, then doctrine and covenants 130 popped into my head and I was able to find it. This was the first time I actually recognized the Holy Ghost giving me the answer. It is so true that if we do our part, we will be given the answer in the time of need.

On Saturdsay it was mothers day here. We woke up at 3am to go with our ward to sing to all of the moms in the ward and give them chocolate. It was really fun. I was really tired the next day though lol

On Sunday and 2am I woke up with terrible diarhea and vomiting like crazy. I threw up about every 20 minutes until noon. We missed church. It was really sad because Juan, our most progressing investigator was ghoing to be there. One of the ward members picked him up. so he went. The elders came over and gave me a blessing around 630am. Elder Toleafoa gave the blessing. It was so good! He not only blessed me with health, but gave me a blessing of faith and hope. He told me that Heavenly Father gave me this sickness to test my faith and to make me stronger. it was really cool. I really love the elders in my rama. I felt better around noon, just sore. I know it is the priesthood blessing that healed me. Fielding and Oliver, priests in our rama brought the sacrament to us. It was awesome! 

I went to the capital to sign my visa on monday morning at 3 am. It was a 4 hour bus ride! We spent sunday night in the mission home. It was like a big sleep over with all of my girlfriends from the CCM. I love sister Marcheschi so much. She is only about 30 minutes away from my area. When we got to Guate we went to a pancake place for breakfast and Mcdonalds for lunch!!! It was so nice to have normal food haha Signing our VISA literally took 2 seconds haha but, we spent the day in Guate. I met a girl that knows Caroline Bullough. I cant remember her name, but it was cool. She used to be in their ward. I saw Hermana Flewallen and Hermana Mckee while in Guate. It was so awesome! It was so much fun to be with my CCM family again. I love them sdo much.

Unfortunatley no pictures this week because the computer Im on doesnt do it.

but, I love you guys a lot and pray for you.

Con Amor,
Hermana Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment