Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter 7 - Siempre Milagros!

Hola Familia! Que tal estamos?!

I want to start off by saying that I absolutely LOVE being a missionary. Im getting teary eyed just writing that! God loves me so much and I am more than willing to do anything it takes to bring His children back into the fold. 

Okay, my area is called San Mateo. Unfortunatley I dont have an actual address for my house. No one does haha The way people talk about where they live is "I live by the house with the dead dog in front of it" haha It is crazy! But, I am about 20 minutes outside of Xela. 

I rode to Quetzaltenango with 10 other missionaries from the CCM. It took us 4 hours! It was so much fun though! I miss my CCM familiy. I consider all of them my brothers and sisters. 

We got to Presidente Bautistas home around 12. The Assistants to the President addressed us and talked about mission rules and what not. I met with President Bautista and his wife separatley. I love them! They were so excited to find out that Bishop Lindsey is my Bishop! I gave them the letters. 

We talked and had mini workshops for a few hours, and then a ton of missionaries got to their home... our trainers. I was SO nervous! But, I looked at one of the Sisters, and I just knew that she was going to be my trainer! Hermana Madrid! She is from Honduras! I love her so much!!! She is seriously the best! She doesn't speak any english... but, I am so grateful for that. I learn so much every single day! I'm feeling pretty confident with my spanish... well, sort of. haha I can atleast get my point across! 

There is a Walmart here, not in San Mateo, but in Xela. We're not allowed to go there. I don't know why. 

Okay, so after meeting my companion, we were off! We took this really crazy bus. You know the white buses in America... known as the "The kidnapping" cars?! Well, that is what they look like, with a ton of people packed in side. There is no speed limit here. It is super scary! So, since the car is pretty small, the guy put one of my bags under the seat. (my black one). When we got off, It was POURING rain, and I realized I didn't have that bag! It had EVERYTHING in it that I needed to get ready! There is NO organized bus system here, so we got on another bus and began to ride, trying to catch up with the other bus. I just kept thinking to myself, there is no way Im going to find this bag, so I turned to my companion and asked if we could pray. She prayed. A little bit later, a thought popped into my head "If you go work, God will get your bag for you." so I turned to my companion and told her. So, we got off the bus and started contacting. and literally like 15 minutes later, WE FOUND THE BUS and he gave me back my bag. I am so grateful! When we do what the Lord asks, He truly blesses us.

On Thursday, we went to go meet this woman named Eulalia. She doesn't have a left eye and her son has some sort of mental retardation. He is 40 and she is 84. They live in a home put together by metal and they have dirt floors. Flys are everywhere! We started teaching lesson one, and I said the first vision! It was awesome! Then she started talking about how she feels like she has been cursed because she lost her left eye and her son is special. She started talking about how she had a "wounded soul." I had the strongest feeling that I needed to read 2 scriptures. one in 3 Nefi 5 13 and the other in Jacob 2 8 The one in 3 nefi says "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have ever lasting life." and then I read the one in Jacob "And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul." She started crying and in the best Spanish that I could I bore my testimony. I said " We are disciples of Jesus Christ. His message heals our wounded souls." Then I asked her to be baptized and she accepted!!!! It is so true what the scripture says in Doctrina y convenios 18 that How great will be our joy if we bring people unto Him. My joy is GREAT!!! The spirit was the strongest I have ever felt before.

We had 5 investigadores at church yesterday. 2 of them were Eulalia and her son! My heart is full! 

We eat lunch at members houses everyday. The first day I was really nervous, because there were weird things floating in my drink and I could tell if what I was eating was chicken or a dried up sock. but, that has been the only questionable meal. I LOVE the food here so much! The people are SO humble. They have nothing. They give all they have to the Lord. We ate lunch at this members house on Friday, we always eat with the Elders that cover the same area. Were are in a branch. We ate at Hermana Floris house. After each meal, we share a scripture. Hermana Madrid always has me do it so I can learn Spanish. Oh and she has only been out for 3 months. anyway, I shared 3 nephi 11 15 (go read it) and then I talked about how I know that Jesus Christ thought about each and every one of us one by one as he suffered on the cross. Then I told her that coming on a mission and having to learn spanish is really hard for me. But, that Im doing it because I love Jesus Christ and God. Every one there was crying! 

Ooh send letters to
Hermana Natalie Paige Bullough 
Mision Guatemala Quetzaltenango
5a Calle 14-35, Zona 3 
09001 Apratado Postal: 206 
Quetzaltenango Guatemala

Send Packages to
Hermana Natalie Paige Bullough 
Mision Guatemala Quetzaltenango
5a Calle 14-35 Zona 3
09001 Quetzaltenango
Guatemala

Bullough or "Bolo" in Spanish means "drunk" so I have to go by Boooolough. haha When I first got here everyone kept laughing that my name was Bullough. There are a ton of drunk people here. ALL over the place. The walk all crazy stumbling and sometimes you see people crashed out on the side of the road just laying with there face in the dirt. We always leave pamphlets with them LOL 

Boys and men always whistle at me and call me stuff. It makes me really uncomfortable. haha

There are wild dogs EVERYWHERE! There will be a picture. 

My companions last comp had red hair and she was from Colorado. She finished her mission. But no one here liked her! They all talk about how mean she was! LOL I guess Im a breath of fresh air!

We work so hard! We more than doubled every goal we had for May 2nd. It was awesome! My feet bleed a lot from walking so much. We walk probably close to 10 or 15 miles a day. Our area is huge! 

We had a woman named Reina come up to us on Friday night and ask if she could go to church with us on Sunday! When we went to go get her on sunday, she wasnt ready and said that she had other things to do that day but that she wants to go next week... so lets hope! 

SO, Mothers day... We can skype, but on Saturday at 3. I will sign into my natalieb695 skype. 

Did you know it is a commandment to learn english? So, my companion and I read the Book of Mormon in English and Spanish during companion language study. She reads verse one in english, and I read the same verse in Spanish. There is power that comes from reading the Book of Mormon. It makes it easier to learn Spanish. 

Remember that there is no need for an appointment to pray. You can pray any time and anywhere and I know that God hears and answers every single prayer. 

d y c 130:19 talks about how diligence is better than intelligence. I like that a lot, It helps me work harder. Diligence is intelligence. 

If we can become Gods and Godessess- then we can do anything! I can learn Spanish! 

In Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 it says Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not." With the Lord, we can do ANYTHING! " One of the great teachings of the Man of galilee, the Lord Jesus Christ, was that you and I carry within us immense possibilities. In urging us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect, Jesus was not taunting us or teasing us. He was telling us a powerful truth about our possibilites and about our potencial. It is a truth almost too stunning to contemplate." 

I love you guys with all my heart. Pictures next week. I couldnt get it to work.

Hermana Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment