Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Letter 50 - Un Año






Hermanas Bullough and Arellano wearing
 traditional Guatemalian shirts


Hola mi querida familia!


I have been here for one year and a few days! That is so crazy! I feel like I just got here yeasterday! This will be my last general conference here in Guatemala! It is a little bitter sweet.


We have transfers next week. I am not sure what will happen. I dont know if I will stay or go. But, I think Hermana Arellano will probably train, so I think I will probably go. I am so sad. I really do not want to leave Chiantla and I REALLY don't want to leave Hermana Arellano. We are having so much success and I love everyone here. We have baptisms planned for April.. but, If I have changes, I wont be able to come back to see these baptisms. That breaks my heart.


On Wednesday a pair of senior missionaries came to our house to do a clean check. We got a nine out of ten! They said our house was pretty much better than all of the other houses. Que Calidad! Then one of our investigators named Arcely gave us a ton of clothes.. bueno, like 10 things each! Because she had a paca but it closed so she let us look through everything and pick out what we like!


On Thursday I completed one year de estar aqui en la mision! Wow! Time flies so quickly. We had a multizone conference. It was so good! We got to see Elder Bryan! He is the new assistant. We got to watch part of Meet the Mormons. I loved what I saw! I cant wait to see the whole thing! I love President Smith. Seriously. He is such an inspired man and he really receives revelation right from the heavens.
With President and Sister Smith



One thing that President Smith talked about is the temple square grounds. He said have you ever seen a weed in the flower beds in Temple square? The answer is no! He said it is because first of all they plant the flowers in such a way that it is hard for the weeds to grow, but also if they see one weed they get it out of there so quickly! He said that is what we need to do! We need to get rid of all of our weeds! We cant let one weed in! I loved that. It is so true. He also said that Satan will never stop trying to put weeds in our life, but that we need to always do our best. Satan may get tired.. but, we cant afford to get tired.


Then on Saturday we went to Mary's wedding! It was so beautiful! She will be baptized this Saturday! I am so excited! But, then in the afternoon I had so much anxiety because one of our menos activas told us a wild story and it just made me really sad. She is starting to come back to church right now... but, she told us that the reason she left the church is because she had sexual relations with the secretary in our ward.. He wasn't the secretary at this point in 2014.. but, he was married. So she felt guilty and left... It made me so sad to see that this had to be a problem. Why cant people just be trusted because they are trustworthy. I don't know why but, I had so much anxiety after she told us this story. She was crying and everything because I guess he started to chat with her on facebook again and she doesn't want to make a mistake again.


Then yesterday Claudia accepted our invitation to be baptized on the 11th of April! I am so excited! She will be an excellent member. We will have four baptisms this Saturday! I am really excited!


I know that Jesus Christ lives! He loves me! He loves you! He loves all of us! He even loves the people that crucified Him. Always remember that.


I love you guys!


Love,
Hermana Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment