Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 67 - Satanás y la obra del Señor





Hola Hola!


I titled my email "Satan and the work of the Lord" because this week Satan has been working so hard! But, dont worry! We are working even harder! Yesterday I got REALLY sick. Seriously. I have never felt pain like the pain that I felt. I started feeling sick yesterday at church, but, it kind of felt like hunger pains. So, after church we ate lunch with Jessi. It was really good, but, then I started to feel even sicker! We had a lot of really important appointments planned for the night time, So, I told my comp that I thought it would be a good idea if we went home and took a nap so that I could work effectively in the night time. Well, we went home and I took that nap. But, I still didnt feel well. But, I know this is Gods work, so I just told my companion that we would leave to work even if I didnt feel that well. But, we went to our next appointment and they werent there! So, when we went to our backup plans house.. I couldnt take it anymore! I layed down on this womans couch jaja. We decided it would be better if we went home. I called the nurses, but they just told me to rest and to take some tylonal. Well, I have been here so long that I didnt even have tylonel! jaja One of the counselors in our ward gave me a blessing. I threw up ALL NIGHT LONG. I called the nurse at 230 in the morning, because I seriouslt thought that I was going to die. But, she told me they couldnt do anything until the morning. I finally was able to sleep at like 8 in the morning. I slept until like 1 in the afternoon. I was sad because we had a district activity today and I didnt feel well enough to go. But, I am grateful because our zone leader brought me gatorade and crackers and medicine. I was really grateful for that.


Yesterday we had 5 investigators at church! That was fun! Marycielo and her daughter Kaitlyn are the girls that will be baptized the 1st of August. She shared an interesting story in gospel principles, she said that she was planning on telling us that she didnt want to hear from us anymore. But, that morning when she woke up she felt like she needed to go to church! The lessons were REALLY good yesterday. In Relief Society the bishops wife gave the lesson about eternal marriage and family. It was really good! Hermana Marycielo had also told us that she wasnt going to be able to stay the whole time.. well, guess what? The lesson was so good that she stayed the whole time and asked us if we could do a family home eveing with her today.


I got to go to Prado this week on divisions with Hermana Crystal. It is super fun to be with a gringa. We think the same things are funny. We were also able to put a few baptisimal dates with a few of their investigators. It was so fun!


On Friday we had interviews with president! I seriously love that guy so much. He is really inspired. He told me that "We dont have success, the Lord does." That was nice to hear. He told me that if we want to be succesful in this life, we need to do 3 things. Daily scripture study (in family and personal), Daily prayers (In family and personal), and we need to keep the sabbath day holy. He really talked a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. He also told me that God is proud of me. That was good to hear, sometimes I worry about that.


Elder Perry, my zone leader, is really smart. He has been analyzing this whole gay marriage thing. He said that rainbows are the symbol for the new and everlasting covenant, or in other words, temple marriage. But, it is ironic that gay people also use rainbows as their symbol. In the scriptures it says that before the saviors coming, we wont see a rainbow for one year. He thinks that what will happen is that gay people will start to say "We want to get married where we want to get married!" They are going to start to fight to try to get married in temples. Well, the Lord will close the temples before that happens. Elder Perry thinks that is why in general conference they talked so much about family and stressed temple marriage. Because we might not have the temples for much longer. My companion was also telling me that gay marriage is not just something that has been happening in the states, but, all over the world. The United States is a power nation, and now that we have legalized gay marriage, everyone else will start to do it.


in 3 Nephi 16:10 it says
10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.





Well, the world is starting to sin against the gospel. And the fullness of the gospel can be found in temples. I thought this was interesting. So, go to the temple a lot! and listen to the Prophets voice!


I want you guys to know that I know that Jesus Christ lives. It doesnt matter what we have done in life. We can always start a new chapter and we can always try a little harder to be a little better. I know that This is the only true church here on earth and that if we listen to the spirit and the Prophets voice, we will be able to conquer the world. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. The two things together have changed my life. I am excited to finish my mission strong and then continue this amazing work at home.


I love you guys more than you can imagine.


Con amor,
Hermana Bullough


The photo with the planner is because I will be starting my last agenda soon and Hermana Peña made me one that says "Welcome home, Hermana Bullough!" jaja

No comments:

Post a Comment