Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Natalie's 3rd letter.

Hola Familia! This week has changed my life!!!! La iglesia es tan
verdadera!!!! This letter is going to be ALL over the place- so bear
with me! First off- CONGRATULATIONS to Zack Rucker on his mission
call! All of the missions in Guatemala are celestial missions! We got
to leave the CCM on Tuesday for a field trip! The song from Frozen
"For the First Time in Forever" Kept playing in my head! haha We went
to this huge 3D map of Guatemala! It was awesome! I got to see
Quetzaltenango! It is SO mountainous!!! We also went to a market- it
was REALLY hard to comminicate with the people there! One woman kept
asking us for money- she looked pretty hungry and she was carrying a
baby- but, The Church rules are you can't give people money- because
then everyone will ask us for money! We're suppose to say "The word of
God is all we have to offer" but, we didn't no how to say that- so it
was pretty sad! I want to talk about how IMPORTANT the Temple is!
Gilbert Arizona is the 147th operating Temple- and many more are to
come! The work is SO important! The people we are helping are in
spiritprison right now... PRISON! We need to let them out! Please
commit yourselves to going to the Temple as often as possible! No
sacrifice is too great to get to the Temple. I poromise you will be
happier because of the blessings that come from the Temple! Um...
GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS CALIDAD!!!!! So Awesome!!!!! Mom, will you send
me the issue when it comes out? Also, a new watch? Mine broke.
President Hollands testimony was awesome! We should all strive to have
testimonies like his! If you didn't hear it- go watch it! We watched a
devotional on sunday wityh Elder Bednar- and it was around Christmas
time at the Provo MTC. I saw Spencer Berg in the film! It was awesome!
Someone asked Elder Bednar why they feel so inadequete to do the work
of a missionary- and he said that if you don't feel inadequete there
is a problem. You feel inadequete because you realize the importance
of your job! The Savior loves us so much! In 3 Nephi- the Savior is
visiting with the people. He greets the people "one by one". There
were 2500 people there! If he just took 30 seconds with each- which I
imagine he took longer- it would have taken him 16 hours to get
through all of them! The Savior loves us SO much! I know it. He also
suffered for us one by one... there is no doubt in my mind that as he
was performing the Atonement each one of our faces popped into His
head. He knows us! He loves us! Elder Bednar gave this anology of a
jar full of black beads- or "your sins" he said imagine there is a
hole on each side just big enough for one bead to come out at a time.
He said everytime you push a white bead in "or a good thought" a black
bead falls out! We DO have the ability to forget our sins! We just
need to focus on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and doing good to others!
One thing I love about the Apostles is how great they treat their
wives! It made me realize that I need to find someone who TRULY honors
their Priesthood! They are so good to their wives! Such a cute thing!
The very best missionaries know that their missions are not about
them! They eliminate self centerdness. I've had to TOTALLY and
COMPLETELY humble myself. I do not know Spanish at all. It is going to
take some time- but, I know the Lord will help me if I do my best! All
of the easy things in the Church have been done- we're onto the heavy
duty hard stuff now! So let us press on! "Let God and Heaven be our
goal!"  If you ever find yourself where you shouldn't be- GET OUT!
Haha so... a funny thing happened to me this week... Our District has
become very close! We're with them all day every day! So, I was
walking back to my chair- it was completely silent- and I tried to sit
in my chair- but, the chairs are rolly chairs- so instead- I fell to
the ground hard! EVERYONE burst out laughing!!!! It was so
embarrassing! So, in the midst of laughing- I accidently peed my
pants... or skirt. I turned to my companion and said "Sister, we need
to go now! I wet my pants!" and she BURST out laughing and told the
sisters that sit behind us- and then Hermana Crouch said "Hermana
Simon( our teacher) Hermana Bullough wet her pants!" and then Hermana
Simon said.. OUT LOUD "You wet your pants?" and ALL of the Elders DIED
laughing!!!! That's right- I guess we're close enough that I can tell
them when things like that happen! Ooh! I got a calling! I'm Sister
Music Leader! I get to go to the Sister Leader Trainer meetings! They
are COMPLETELY in Spanish. I can't understand a thing! LOL Our
District is awesome! Elder Hansen and I are pretty musical- so one of
us will start singing something- and then the next thing we know- the
whole district has joined in! Just call us Mission Musical! Its a
dream come true!!! The other day at District meeting- we were talking
about how a lot of our Partiarchal blessings say we'll come forth at
the first Resurection- Elder Williamson then said "Mine says I'll rest
for a season" HAHA it was so funny! and his really does say that! LOL
Endings are not our destiny- in His plan- there are no endings- just
everlasting beginnings! Isn't that wonderful!!!! BUT, this life is the
time for men to prepare to meet God. It is never too late to start!
Start today!!! You know- the Atonement isn't just a relief from sins-
but, from physical pain, regrets, anguish, shortcomings, and fears! We
can use the Atonement to stregthen us every single day!!! Remember-
everything we've ever felt spiritually or physically- the Savior has
felt before us. Family- It is okay if the house is a mess and it is
okay if things are hectic and crazy... the only thing that truly
matters is if you have daily prayer and scripture study! Will you guys
do that? Just being here for 3 weeks and reading the scriptures
everyday has strengthened my testimony beyond belief! I started
reading the New Testament- it is SO good! I love it so much! The
Savior truly loves us!!! Do you ever wonder why people didn't just
leave Joseph Smith alone? Well, it's because TRUTH will ALWAYS be
opposed! Satan works extremely hard to feed us lies. He especially
puts an attack on our families- because he can't have a family. ever.
So, go hug your family! We have tons that satan willl never have!!!
Elder Borlace told us a cool story about following the Spirit- he
worked at Sonic before his mission- and he said that a homeless man
would always hang out around sonic- every day. One day- Elder Borlace
was watching the man staring at the street towards the traffic. Elder
Borlace had a break coming up and had the prompting to go buy a little
ceasers pizza and go talk to the man- so he followed the prompting-
ther man then told him "Thank you so much. I was just about to go jump
in front of those cars- but, you've given me hope to live." Isn't that
awesome! The Holy Ghost is awesome! He doesn't have a body- that is a
really selfless act! I can't wait for the day when he recieves a body!
Dad! They always have tres leches cake here for desert! It always
makes me think of you! My district is singing in sacrament meeting in
2 weeks- mom- do you think you could send me the music to the As
sisters in zion slash we'll bring the world his truth medley? It can
get here in a week if you do it quick! We fasted from english on
Thursday- it was really difficult! But, I learned a lot! Our mission
president promised us that if we truly stay faithful and obedient-
we'll be able to baptize hundrdes if not thousands! Isn't that
awesome!!!!!! Family- we should spend everyday smiling- because we
have the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. It was a
Restoration not a Reformation. It is the same Gospel that Jesus Christ
began- and He is the head of it! So, wake up every morning and grab
the hand of the Lord! Ask yourself- how can I be better today?
Obedience is never an easy task- but, it is worth it! There are no bad
prayers- so pray your hearts out! He is listening. I promise. Take
heart because Christlike love can change the world! Don't worry about
me family! I'm preparing myself to do the most important work on
earth- this work will not only bring earthly happiness... but, Eternal
happiness. I love you guys!

 Sellado Con Besos!

 Hermana Bullough

No comments:

Post a Comment