Thursday, April 17, 2014

Natalie's 4 th letter - Perseverar hasta el fin!

Hola mi familia! This week has been filled with a whirlwind of emotions! WE are the oldest now! We only have 2 more weeks left here at the CCM! I am so excited!!!! The CCM feels a lot like spiritual prison. We are stuck in a class room for 16 hours a day with the same people! We did the math... we are here at the CCM for a total of 42 days... that is 638 hours in the classroom. If we were to spend that consequtively we would be together 26 days and 12 hours total!!!! Whoa! Needless to say- we've grown really close and we love each other a lot! Sometimes we get a little discouraged- and then we read Alma 26:27 "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy bretheren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." That is perfect! Because we are teaching the Lamanite people! Yesterday I bore my testimony in Church... in SPANISH!!!! Whoop! Whoop! It was so much fun! I ended with La iglesia es tan verdadera! Everyone here makes fun of me because I say that ALL OF THE TIME! haha but, the Church is so true! Any body can figure that out by simply asking our Father in heaven and reading the Book of Mormon. Ooh! I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon! I also am about to start John in the New Testament! It is so true what they say- when you study the scriptures daily- it will be hard to put them down- and you will actually enjoy reading them! My testimony has grown so much stronger since being here! We listened to a devotional by Richard G. Scott yesterday. It was SO awesome! He told us that when we don't feel like we are receiving answers to our prayers- It is God showing us that He trusts us and knows that we will do our best to follow Him. If we choose wrongly- that is when he will help us no which way to go! Sometimes I feel like I can't communicate well with God- because I am with a Companion 24 hours a day 7 days a week! I love her to death! But, sometimes I feel like I don't really get personal time with my Heavenly Father- so, last night before I went to bed- I prayed that Heavenly Father would wake me up in the middle of the night so I could have a more personal prayer with Him! So, at midnight on the dot- Heavenly Father woke me up! I love HIm so much! At Presidente Coxs house on Sunday night- we watched a movie about John Tanner! He LITERALLY gave everything he had to the church! He was about to die from a cancer that was in his leg when he met the missionaries- but, they promised him that if he would be baptized and follow Jesus Christ- he would be healed. and he stood up and began to walk that very day!!! Whoa! He was also a pretty wealthy man and gave all of his money to the Church! He had 7 dollars left at the end and had to beg fro bread for his family! He had a prompting that they were needed in Ohio- and he left that night- and Joseph Smith needed his help to pay of the debt of the Temple! Oh my goodness! Go watch that movie! It was SO good! Want to know something really comforting? The Lord has called me to succeed- not to fail. That is awesome! When it's the Lords will- He will ALWAYS prepare the way! My favorite hymn in the Spanish hymnbook is Hymn number 88- "Placentero nos es trabajar" go listen to it! It is SO good! Sorry my letters are all over the place- but, I have SO much to say in just a little amount of time! When ever you get discouraged... don't. REFUSE to be discouraged. It is a waste of time! Ooh! At the end of Richard G. Scotts devotional- he said "This is Christ's Church. I know, because I know Jesus Christ" Whoa! How cool is that! In the morning yesterday- I had a meeting with all of the other sister leader trainers and district leaders. It is always completely in Spanish- but, I was proud of myself- because even though I didn't catch every word- I could atleast understand what they were talking about. It was reawlly cool. Heavenly Father loves me a lot. Want to be more charitable? Go read Luke Chapter 6. It is awesome! We should be thankful that God sometimes lets us struggle- because when we struggle- we grow and when we grow we are learning to put our trust in Him. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know it with all of my heart. I wish that I could just shout from the roof tops so that everyone could hear! IT IS SO TRUE!!!! Mom, will you please send me the lyrics to the song "How can I be"? I love that song a lot! It sounds like your trip to New York was a blast!
I love you so much!

Sellado Con Besos,

 Hermana Bullough!

P.S. Write me letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment